Yesterday was a pretty exciting day for weismama and weispapa. We had our second ultrasound done AND found out we are having a boy AND I felt the baby move - for the first time in 2 weeks - for about 30 minutes (while I wore pants that fit!)
I was a little worried about the ultrasound because of my experience with my first ultrasound. I learned my lesson though, and didn't drink NEARLY as much water this time.
We went to a different clinic this time (one in our own city), and got into our appointment RIGHT AWAY. And when I say right away, I mean we got there 10 minutes early and the ultrasound technician was waiting for me and took me right in.
She didn't let ggregg come in for the first part of the ultrasound. We were both pretty disappointed with that, but what can ya do? ... ...
The ultrasound was SO much more comfortable than the first time. Even when she would press down near my bladder I was not nearly as uncomfortable as the first time.
Very few words were said between the 2 of us as she took measurements of every part of the body. Eventually, she was trying to get a certain angle of the head, and as I looked at the screen (from a very sharp angle), all I could see was the baby squirming, and flailing his arms and legs everywhere. She said "There's a party going on down there!" I said "You know, that's funny cause I basically felt the baby move for the first time today!". She then asked me to roll on to each side so she could try and get the angle she was aiming for. In the end, I think she got it.
She then invited ggregg into the room and she showed us everything. The profile of the baby, the head, the hands, feet, arms, and legs, the spine, the beating heart.... It was just amazing to see. When it felt like it was nearing the end of the ultrasound, I said "we wouldn't mind finding out the sex if possible" to which she replied with all the confidence in the world "oh, I already know that!!" and as she scanned down to that region, she said "It's a boy! ... ... these are his legs, and this is his penis" to which both of us were like "Yup! that's definitely a penis!"
She sent us home with 8 pictures of our baby. We'll post them soon!
We are sure we would have been just as thrilled whether it was a boy or a girl. But knowing it's a boy brings us some sort of excitement I just can't explain.
All that matters is the baby is healthy. You will love being a mommy Lindsay.
ReplyDeleteAuntie Wendy
YAY! Oh my goodness I totally forgot about the peeing and the u/s... YAY Weisbaby!
ReplyDelete