So we've figured out our dates for Maternity Leave and Paternity Leave. It's pretty exciting now that it's all figured out.
I gotta say, it's coming up quick!
I have decided to take a couple weeks off before my due date, so the last friday in August will be my last day. We have then arranged for ggregg to use his holidays when the baby comes, so he'll essentially be working part time for a month and be home the rest of the time with me and weisbaby.
I will then be off for 7 months, and after my 7 months are up (in April) I will go back to work full time while ggregg is home for the month.
At the end of this (in May), our lives go back to "normal" in terms of working regularly.
Part of me.... a LARGE part of me wants to take all of August off too. haha! I just LOVE the summer, and if I could take advantage of that, I would. But it's hard enough to leave the business for 7 months (in fear of things at the office falling apart) let alone taking an extra month off when I don't NEED it.
In just 4 months, I will be on mat leave! It just blows my mind!!
It is is coming up quickly...phew
ReplyDelete4 months!! Is someone going to be replacing you at work?
We've hired a girl on part-time to start learning most of Lindsay's routine tasks. The idea is that she'll be able to take on a good chunk of the work while Lindsay's away, and the more important things that she does will be handled by the big boss man. If this girl enjoys and excels in what she does here, hopefully we'll be able to offer her a long-term role with the company. Time will tell.
ReplyDelete