Thursday, February 18, 2010

THUS IT BEGINS...

Posted by the Weisdaddy. I know that Lindsay has a post she's been saving to put up until we officially go live with this site, but I thought in the meantime I would throw up a quick post of a note I made the night that Lindsay and I learned she was pregnant. I made it to try and preserve my thoughts that night, here they are:

Wednesday January the 20th. Learned tonight as a total surprise that Lindsay might be preggers with our first child. It was completely unexpected as her body was doing strange things since going off the pill over six months ago. She had just taken progesterone pills prescribed by her doctor to help correct the issue but it seemingly did nothing. Her body started to behave oddly afterward though for the last two weeks, but we chalked it up to just being the hormones. On a total whim, we thought to take a pregnancy test, seeing as we had one sitting unused. Turns out that after taking the pregnancy test when we got home from work today that a lovely little plus sign appeared. We are quite thrilled given the craziness her body was putting us through over the past six months, yet are still holding back some, a little skeptical, until a doctor can confirm the test. We will see shortly if it's for sure!

So it turned out clearly that the tests were true and we're now at just under ten weeks old! Yesterday was an exciting day as well, as we got the news that we have a Mid-Wife! YAY! It's been pretty odd not having that sorted out, as you really realize quickly that despite reading books and having friends already gone through it, you haven't a clue what's next or what you need to do medically. We have our first meeting on March 3rd, can't wait!!! If you haven't checked it out yet, we have a picture from our first ultrasound in the WeisPhoto's gallery. You can see our little Weisbean there!

No comments:

Post a Comment