Thursday, May 16, 2013

2 Months!! ...?

Hang on. So 2 months (today) have passed since miss Maya came into our lives!? It's definitely a case where I feel like she's been with us forever, but at the same time feel like time has flown by.

Reflections so far.

Having 2 kids is busier, but easier. I have a 2 year old who brings out the best (and worst) in me which drives me to get dressed in the morning, go outside for fresh air, and keep active.

I know what to expect with an infant now. I don't stress as much with Maya as I did with Evan. I know the tough phases will pass, and the good phases will too.

Evan, at this age, slept thru the night and would sleep the morning away. I was usually up at 11 with him each morning. Typically, I'm up every 3 hours with maya and we are downstairs by 6:30 each morning. I'm far from a morning person, but I'll admit, I love my 6am coffee and cuddles while the rest of the house sleeps.

She's an angel. I adore her more than words can express. And I have way too much fun dressing her up. Unlike Evan who lived in sleepers, I have Maya in frilly dresses and pretty little outfits nearly every day. Thanks to the generosity of our friends, she's a typical girl with too many clothes and shoes. ;)

I think my favourite thing she does right now (other than smile and coo) is, when she is fussy and having a hard time falling asleep, I'll hold her soother in her mouth and she'll wrap her arms/hands around my wrist, hold tight, and fall asleep.

Being a mom of 2 is pretty awesome. Crazy non-stop busy, but the hugs and smiles from my 2 littles are my fuel.



No comments:

Post a Comment