Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Whole Lotta Randoms

So I've been feeling A LOT better this past week. It was almost like I woke up on Saturday and was a whole new person. It was WONDERFUL! I still need to remember that I need to eat HEALTHY though. Not so I don't gain too much weight, but cause fatty/fried foods and garlic REALLY do make me feel sick still.

I'm STARTING to enjoy shrimp again, and I am enjoying pickles on my subs again (though not EXTRA pickles yet). Certain smells still get to me. Coffee, alcohol (esp red wine), garlic... I've heard this will probably stick with me through the rest of the pregnancy.

As for cravings, I can't really say that I've had any?? Maybe for Twizzlers? For a while I was craving fettuccine alfredo, and the meal that's SURE to not make me feel icky after is the Tim Horton's ham and swiss sandwich on whole wheat. My mom told me her craving when she was pregnant with me, was for coke floats. HAHA!

I still have a relatively little belly, though I'm not complaining, and I'm still early on in the pregnancy. When I look down, I basically feel like I've eaten way too much for dinner or something.

So we went to a friend's house for dinner on Friday night. They had a gift for us (well, for the baby) and their 3 year old was SO excited that we had a baby in our tummy! She couldn't QUITE comprehend what was going on though, but was SO very excited to give us their gift. When we finished going through everything, she asked "Can you please take the baby out now so we can give the presents to it?" SOOOO cute! We'll have to go over again when I'm bigger so she can feel the baby kicking.

We believe our registry is complete now...? There's probably a few too many bibs, or wash cloths, or crib sheets... or there may not be? I really don't know. :P I gotta say though... Babies R Us is starting to slightly annoy me. The registry keeps changing things I've registered for in blue or cream to PINK. Maybe they're trying to tell me something?? Am I having a girl?? We're trying to keep things gender neutral right now cause we don't know what we're having. We'll find out soon enough though! And YES when it comes to most things, I believe blue is gender neutral. :P

Friends are starting to lend me their maternity clothes! I think I may have enough to get me through now without needing to buy much (if any at all!). Pretty awesome if you ask me!

Last weekend we started cleaning up the nursery. MAN we have a lot of stuff in there!! I think we'll have to do a good amount of spring cleaning to make room for this baby! As tiny as they are, their stuff will probably be taking over our whole house.

And my last thought for today... I'm convinced I'm gonna be giving birth to a basketball player. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment