Posted by the Weisdaddy. Today we make a trip to see our midwife for the first time! Lindsay and I have been rather excited to actually meet with her for awhile, as you start to gather this stockpile of questions regarding, well, everything! :-) I'm not sure if all first parents are like this, but even having read quite a few books on pregnancy, there's still this reality of "what do we do next?" and a desire to just talk to a professional about Lindsay's experiences so far being pregnant. It's a funny anticipation, as it all reads out as fairly straight forward stuff, but there's just this human element at play that searches for a guide on this path we've never been down. Sounds natural to me, but it's funny none-the-less.
We have alot of simple questions for the most part I think, it's just stuff you want to hear from a professional even though it all kind of makes sense anyways. Some things of note though will be chatting about birthing methods, and seeing if our midwife has an opinion between Oakville-Trafalgar Hospital vs. Burlington's Joseph Brant Hospital. I've had friends give birth at each and say it was a great experience, so I'm interested to hear what the midwife thinks. Other things like Lindsay's pregnancy symptoms, and what our next step is in the process, will also be topics for sure. I'm really hoping the possibility exists to hear our little WeisBean's heartbeat again, though I'm not sure if the special stethoscope works at this young of an age. We'll see though!
This coming Saturday also marks the end of the first trimester for Lindsay and the beginning of the second! It's amazing to think that the pregnancy is essentially a third of the way complete! That's one of the perks I think of not expecting it to happen, and then her not really feeling uber pregnant until seven weeks through. At that point you're like, "Sweet! Seven weeks already done and we didn't even know it!". This coming trimester will likely see the nursery come together nicely. We already have a few things through gifts and special sales we've caught. Essentially we just need a crib, a dresser, a toy chest, and a small side table, and the furnishings will be complete. We've come up with how we'd like to paint the nursery as well, so that should happen in the next few months too. We'll post pictures as we go in the WeisPhoto's section of this website.
That's it for now really I suppose. Most of our loved ones now know about the good news, and we plan to announce on Facebook for those we missed and the rest of our sphere of friends in the next week (sorry if we missed telling you). I haven't gotten too hung up on the etiquette though, as I've never minded how I found out the news - rather I've always just been excited for knowing and cheering friends on. Hope everyone's having a great week, will blog again soon!
That feeling of "what do I do?" never really stops, as there's ALWAYS something to do next! Being close to the end of this journey, I know the first tri disappears, and the second tri isn't so bad. Be prepared to be extra loving and supportive during that third one, though; she'll need it. It will be trying at times, especially if there are any parenting issues that need to be resolved. But you guys are such a strong team that I know this child will be receiving the most love a human could get - apart from ours, of course! ^_^
ReplyDelete